Generating informative and meaningful content can strengthen a brand and offer its customers added value. There are many tools out there to help.
Here is a collection of new and updated tools for writing and distributing content. There are tools you can use to generate content ideas, do research, translate your text, create and distribute newsletters and e-books, and analyze your content strategy. The list includes a new set of tools from Google designed to help journalists. However, Google’s tools can also help content marketers.
Google Journalist Studio
Journalist Studio is a new suite of tools from Google that helps journalists and content marketers. Launched in October 2020, the collection includes tools that authors can use to examine, visualize, and share data as follows:
- The Common Knowledge Project makes it easy to explore, visualize, and share data on important topics in your local community. The project is being built by Polygraph, a branded studio. All information comes from Data Commons, which compiles and aggregates thousands of public records from organizations such as the US Census Bureau, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Pinpoint analyzes large collections of documents. Upload a large number of PDFs, images, audio files, email archives and more. Then use advanced search to find results and general entities in relevant documents.
- Data Commons is an open knowledge repository that combines public datasets. It includes tools to easily explore and analyze data across data sources without having to cleanse or merge data.
- The record search is a search engine for records. Explore data sets hosted in thousands of online repositories.
- Fact Check Explorer is a search engine that can be used to check results from the Internet on a subject or person. Check claims and facts from sources.
- You can use Google Trends to study search trends. Enter a search term or topic and find out its search history.
- Outline lets you create a virtual private network server that anyone can use to access the free and open Internet. Outline is resistant to some of the most sophisticated forms of blocking, including DNS, content, and IP blocking.
- Project Shield is a free service that protects news, human rights, and election surveillance sites from DDoS attacks.
- Tilegrams is an open source tool that provides maps the size of which is proportional to records.
The Journalist Studio also includes the training center which contains over 50 self-guided online lessons where writers learn how to use tools like Google Trends, Google Search, Flourish, the Advanced Protection Program and more.
Revue is a new extension to Twitter that allows authors and publishers to send and monetize newsletters. Revue offers embeddable subscription forms, cross-publishing, custom domains, content integrations, subscriber feedback and synchronization, and much more. Revue’s newsletter fee is 5 percent of sales.
SEMrush’s ImpactHero is an artificial intelligence tool that breaks down content by buyer phase, identifies the most impactful sections of content, and gives tips on how to improve a strategy. Identify marketing tactics and content that are successful in conversion, lead generation, and customer acquisition. Determine which content works best, rate your content funnel and identify areas for improvement according to customer journey phases.
SEMrush Content Marketplace: e-book writing service. In 2019 SEMrush launched a content marketplace to bring seasoned copywriters together with marketers. The marketplace launched the Ebook Writing Service to help users expand their lead generation content. To order an e-book, choose the length and fill out a letter. Receive the title and table of contents for approval within three working days. Then you get the first chapter to make sure the content is branded and up to your standard.
Medium Newsletters is a new way to share stories with your Medium audience. Every publication on Medium can start a newsletter and correspond directly with subscribers. Publications can now give their newsletter a name and description so readers know what to expect. For existing publications, the email target group you created will continue when you start your newsletter. Publications can now share a link to the newsletter sign up page anywhere, making it easier to promote and attract new subscribers.
Creators Hub is a new Medium blog that is a great place to find resources to improve your writing, editing, storytelling, and audience growth skills. Find best practices, guidelines, authoring spotlights, and creative resources from Medium staff, as well as advice from writers across the platform.
Snazzy AI instantly provides content ideas for social media ads, landing pages, and more. Build Google Ads from scratch with precise specifications and layout. Generate product descriptions from a series of descriptive tags. Create a new tagline in seconds. Reimagine your landing page with unlimited variations of new or existing copies.
TranslateWise is a translation tool for authors. Apply machine translation technologies to one of 140 languages. Use a parallel editor with multiple style options to edit in real time. Ask people to proofread and edit the results.
Answer Socrates helps writers discover questions that real people are asking on Google. Use this option to answer questions about your product, brainstorm ideas, and get deeper insights into almost any topic.