One habit that doesn’t change that quickly is that most people take the time to research a company, product, or service on the internet before making a purchase. In 2020, internet users increased by a further 7.4% to 321 million daily users. Digital marketing is a necessity for businesses. Often times, your website is your first opportunity to impress potential customers.
A comprehensive content marketing strategy will help you connect with your ideal buyer, guide potential customers on a buyer’s journey, and get your customers excited about better customer loyalty.
Here are the content marketing strategies that you can’t ignore in 2021
Write blog content
A well-written blog article gets your message across to your readers and search engines. For both, it’s important to understand the context of your content. By using SEO best practices, you increase the chances of your content appearing in search queries for different keywords relevant to your industry or niche. Developing high quality content takes time and money. However, it is the cornerstone of any digital marketing strategy because you can reuse a lengthy piece of content in different ways.
Blog stats for 2021:
- Over a third of high-income bloggers (those who make over $ 50,000 annually) say reader demand for higher quality content is greater now than it was two years ago.
- Tumblr has nearly 488.1 million blogs.
- WordPress published approximately 78 million new posts on its platform every month.
One of the quickest ways to improve written content and greatly improve your search placement opportunities is to add a video. There are two ways to include written and video content together in a blog post. When you start the video, you can add a transcript of the spoken words in the video. Once you start with the written content, you can add a video to provide deeper content on a topic. This can attract visual learners who don’t have the time or patience to post lengthy blog posts.
Another great way to use video marketing is through social media. Instagram Stories, Facebook Stories, and Google Web Stories offer visual opportunities to connect with potential leads in a unique way.
Video statistics to watch out for for 2021:
- 70% of consumers say they shared a brand’s video.
- 72% of businesses say that video improved their conversion rate.
- 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in making online purchasing decisions.
- 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a provider after watching a video.
- 80% of video marketers say that video directly increased sales.
- 72% of customers prefer to find out more about a product or service via video.
- A website is 53 times more likely to hit Google’s homepage if it contains videos.
- 84% of people say that watching a branded video convinced them to buy a product or service.
If you’re looking to expand your audience and video isn’t your preference, consider developing a podcast or recording an e-book. Podcasts and audio books are becoming increasingly popular. While audiobooks are sometimes more of an investment, they become more accessible when libraries invest in Libby and Hoopla memberships.
To watch out for audio content stats for 2021:
- 38% of marketers invest more in creating this content format, including podcasts and audiobooks. (Visme.co)
- 73 million people listen to podcasts every month. (Visme.co)
- 45% of people over the age of 12 in the US have heard audio podcasts in a car using a cell phone. (backlinko.com)
E-mail marketing is an essential part of a holistic content marketing strategy, as it allows you to personalize and specifically design your communication with each contact. Email is used for every aspect of a customer’s buyer journey, starting with lead generation. You can continue to engage and delight your customers by offering insider discounts on new products or services.
Email statistics for 2021:
- Content Marketing Institute For every $ 1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect an average of $ 42 in return. lairedigital.com
- DMA marketers using segmented campaigns saw up to 760% revenue growth. lairedigital.com
- 87% of marketers say video increased traffic to their website. lairedigital.com
- 80% of marketers reported an increase in email engagement in 2020. Learn.g2.com
Visual content is key
The visual learning style popular by Neil D. Fleming is one of three different types. Fleming explains that visual learners need to see information in order to learn it. This “seeing” takes many forms: spatial awareness, photographic memory, color / tone, brightness / contrast and other visual information. Include visual content such as infographics, photos, graphs, charts, slide decks, and web stories in your content marketing. An easy way to incorporate visual content is to create a custom image with each blog post.
To watch out for visual content stats for 2021:
- 56% of marketers create more image-based content. Kreisestudio.com
- Studies have shown that the use of color in visual elements increased attention span and remembering value by 82%. (visme.co)
- Researchers showed a 39% reduction in the time it takes to find important information in a document when using graphics, colors, and charts, compared to when it wasn’t. (visme.co)
Social media marketing
If you want to expand your digital reach, it is helpful to use social media. Social media channels like Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and LinkedIn are great places to connect with your target audience, share content and answer questions.
It’s important to spend time developing a buyer personality. That way, you know which social media platforms best connect your brand with your target buyer. You want to schedule your social media posts. It’s important to look ahead and think about how you can incorporate interactive content like surveys.
- 53% of the world’s population use social media every month, that’s more than 4.14 billion people.
- 88.9% of all internet users use social media every month. An average of 2 million people log into social networks every day.
- Active social media users rose by 12.3% to +453 million.
- The average number of social media accounts per internet user (aged 16 to 64) is a whopping 8.3. However, this is not an indication that we use any of our social accounts every month. Many of us have accounts that are inactive.
Social media users from December 2020:
Facebook – 2,701 million
YouTube – 2,000 million
WhatsApp – 2,000 million
Facebook Messenger – 1,300 million
Weixin / WeChat – 1,206 million
Instagram – 1,158 million
TikTok (excluding Douyin) – 689 million
QQ – 648 million
Douyin – 600 million
Sina Weibo – 523 million
As you develop your content marketing strategy for 2021, take the time to think about how you can incorporate each of these aspects into your overall digital marketing effort. If you need help getting your ideas into practice, give us a call. We are content marketing experts who specialize in tailor-made strategies.