Since its inception in 2017, revenue marketing has helped marketers generate more revenue from their strategies, internal processes, and marketing efforts. New research from revenue marketing consultancy Demand Spring found that 88% of B2B marketers view revenue marketing as a viable strategy for building the pipeline.
The Revenue Marketing B2B Benchmark Report shows how marketers are using revenue tactics to improve their campaign attribution, address challenges, and measure their impact on buyers and pipeline. The report also revealed the tools and tactics marketers are using to generate more pipeline and revenue in 2021, including ABM programs, technology, virtual events, and more.
According to the report, 50% of respondents identified budget complications as the main obstacle to growing their pipeline and revenue, with 55% seeing their budgets decrease. As a result, 58% of marketing and sales teams are focused on nurturing existing leads at the bottom and middle of the funnel to increase their sales.
Other key findings from the report are:
- 70% of companies used their sales pipeline to measure sales in 2020.
- 68% of respondents say that revenue marketing strategies and tactics are helping them achieve their target revenue and pipeline generation.
- 53% cite sales as the primary metric for measuring their marketing impact.
- 62% use revenue marketing strategies to educate and improve their ABM programs, and 50% see positive ROI as a result.
- Only 18% of respondents use AI tools to execute their sales strategies. and
- Respondents said they use digital marketing activities such as webinars (78%) and virtual events (68%) to offset lost revenue from canceled personal events.
“A key driver for us at Demand Spring is our commitment to helping marketers do better in their business. In no other year has this been more important than in 2020,” said Mark Emond, president of Demand Spring, in a statement . “Despite the chaos over the past year, our survey repeats something we already knew – marketers are a resilient and highly adaptable group of professionals. You have successfully had a very tough year and in many cases you are stronger for it! “