Apply by Wednesday, April 7th at 5pm.
Passionate and self-motivated. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit. Imaginative, innovative, forward-looking and committed. If that sounds like you, please read on!
WHO WE ARE:
THE LUME Melbourne is a fresh and safe gateway to art and culture and a shining beacon for Melbourne and Australia.
THE LUME marks the culmination of the Grande Experience decade, bringing immersive, multi-sensory experiences to 17 million people worldwide in more than 190 cities on 6 continents in 32 languages: a permanent experience that captures powerful and beautiful images from over 150 Barco HD + – Projectors on a concentrated tapestry of surfaces, choreographed to a rousing musical score that seamlessly and magically brings the power, beauty and wonder of art, music and nature to life like never before.
THE LUME Melbourne is now seeking a Marketing and Sales Director for this permanent 3,000 square foot digital gallery in the heart of its hometown Melbourne, Australia.
We have the great opportunity for a seasoned Melbourne area marketing and sales manager with a background in entertainment, events, tourism or arts marketing to lead the marketing and sales functions at THE LUME Melbourne, to build a new brand in a highly competitive market to promote visiting Australia’s newest cultural icon.
The Marketing & Sales Manager reports directly to the General Manager. This person is responsible for developing and executing marketing plans to grow the THE LUME brand and drive ticket sales, including advertising, promotions, PR, social media, and corporate, group and event sales. The Marketing & Sales Manager will manage the agency relationships and build close relationships with various partners in the expanded Australian market.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build on the marketing strategy for THE LUME Melbourne and execute it in coordination with marketing, PR and ticketing agencies.
- Manage the development of high impact creative campaigns that create excitement, raise awareness, and drive ticket sales, including multi-stakeholder development of marketing assets.
- Meet ambitious sales targets within the first two months of opening and targeting tourists, locals, and convention guests.
- Foster strong partnerships with the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Center, area hotels / concierges, Visit Victoria, the City of Melbourne, the Melbourne Convention Bureau and other media / event / community organizations.
- Daily monitoring and analysis of sales within the ticketing platform and campaign analysis to identify trends and opportunities and make strategic decisions to maximize daily sales.
- Conduct weekly marketing, sales, and ticketing meetings to ensure efficient coordination of PR, ticketing, the venue, and everyone involved.
- Build on and execute the social media strategy. With the support of the part-time social media manager, create content that offers customers added value, builds THE LUME community and increases sales.
- Social Media Community Management with the support of the part-time Social Media Executive.
- Develop key community relationships and strategic partnership programs to improve brand profile and increase sales.
- Manage, monitor and adjust marketing budgets as needed and view the ROI of all marketing spend.
- Support in the development and implementation of sponsorship programs, tender documents and pitch presentations.
- Recruit and manage sales reps as needed
- Manage and oversee the part-time social media manager
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Strong experience in B2C and B2B marketing and ticket sales (5-7 years minimum) in the event, festival, culture or entertainment markets in Australia.
- Strong strategic marketing experience with the ability to prioritize and achieve multiple goals.
- A high level of creativity and proactivity with experience developing and executing innovative marketing and promotional tactics that appeal to young audiences and deliver results
- Campaign management skills with experience across the media mix
- Experience in social media community management
- Analytical skills to measure, rate and report against goals; Excellent knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Brand management skills are highly valued
- Strong ability to work in a team with the ability to confidently make independent decisions when necessary.
- Proven experience in leading and managing marketing and advertising agencies.
- Confident communicator at all levels with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, practical self-starter who is used to working in a fast-paced company.
- Proven problem solving ability to develop opportunities.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle different projects at the same time in a fast moving company.
- Detail oriented and proud of high quality work.
- Ability to be flexible in a diverse and constantly changing business and to be determined to succeed in a challenging and competitive industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, or a related degree.