Marketing Manager S&P Global Market Intelligence
The role: Marketing Manager – Supply Chain, Data & Research
Grade (only relevant for internal applicants): 10A
The location: Centennial, CO / Charlottesville, VA / Boston, MA
The Team: The S&P Global Market Intelligence Marketing Team is made up of creative and enthusiastic B2B marketing professionals from around the world. As part of the retail organization – with a strong partnership with Product – we’re focused on building brand awareness and driving the front-end pipeline. We value teamwork, drive ideas with data and execute them in a meaningful way for our internal stakeholders and external customers. The company has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. It is critical that you thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven culture to be successful in our organization.
The Impact: The marketing managers at S&P Global Market Intelligence are producers of key marketing materials that support our division’s promotional activities. This role, under the direction of an Associate Director and in collaboration with the Strategic Initiatives Marketing and Demand Generation teams, will work to build value proposition messaging and run global marketing campaigns that build brand awareness and drive demand for our data, research and supply chain solutions increase . This includes creating and delivering annual marketing plans to support cross-segment strategic business goals, which therefore includes collaboration and teamwork with many other marketing colleagues. This role will lead the go-to-market strategy for supply chain intelligence and work with other marketers to tell our audience a cohesive story.
- Marketing Operations: Use marketing automation tools to run marketing campaigns and generate analytics and reports.
- Sales Enablement: Develop materials that sales can use to communicate the value proposition of products and support the sales process of those products.
- Event Support and Management: Work closely with event team coordinators and business units to support event strategy and activation, as well as to understand and report on event KPIs.
- Marketing Communications: Create email, web, and promotional copy, social posts, and sales assurances that align with the company’s growth and loyalty strategy and branding guidelines.
- Content and Product Marketing: Work closely with various stakeholders to create marketing campaigns for various content articles that will help position S&P Global Market Intelligence as a thought leader including white papers, reports, infographics, email Campaigns, Blogs, etc. Learn how to analyze and measure performance to maximize reach and effectiveness.
- Stakeholder Communication and Support: Work with sales to drive lead processing workflow forward and update product and trade teams regularly and consistently.
- Global collaboration: Leverage work developed by global colleagues and adopt best practices for campaigns by region or market. Influence and work with colleagues outside the reporting line to maximize the impact and results of the campaign.
What we are looking for: The ideal candidate has B2B marketing experience and shows great interest in financial services. Strong writing and presentation communication skills are just as important as the ability to make a strong individual contribution. The candidate must demonstrate their ability to create compelling product news and use the full range of print and digital marketing channels. Familiarity with the supply chain workflow and marketing platforms like Marketo and Salesforce is an asset. Familiarity with financial information platforms such as S&P Capital IQ or Market Intelligence as well as with data feeds (FTP, API, cloud) is an advantage. We are looking for a strong marketer to work with many stakeholders and marketing teams in different segments and global regions. He or she needs to understand how our skills add value to our customers, have transferable skills and an open mindset.
The Marketing Manager will work with members of the product, trade, and branding team to understand the solutions, go-to-market strategies, brand positioning, regional dynamics, and competitive landscape of S&P Global Market Intelligence. The Marketing Manager will work closely with internal marketing teams in global regions and various customer segments and personalities to run projects from start to finish.
- Bachelor degree (Marketing, Communication, Business or related field preferred)
- 3+ years in a marketing or communications role or similar experience; B2B financial services experience a plus
- Experience personal message writing that clearly communicates the benefits and USP of solutions
- Use the use of print, digital, social and event channels to promote B2B marketing campaigns
- Strong presentation skills, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
This role is limited to individuals with indefinite rights to work in the United States.
- Basic understanding of the industries and markets covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM and Marketo and Pardot Marketing Automation is desirable – extensive knowledge of developing campaigns for maintenance tracking is an advantage
- Passionate and focused with a desire for continuous improvement
- Relentless and hardworking with a willingness to roll up your sleeves on the first day
- Fun! Energetically! Obsessed with Winning!
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we understand that not all information is important – some of it is critical. Accurate, deep and insightful. We incorporate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools you can use to track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, conduct assessments, and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities around the world can extract the information they need to make business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) that provides individuals, businesses and governments with critical information to help them make trustworthy decisions. More information is available at www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions regardless of race / ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, skin color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil law) to meet trade unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Only electronic job submissions are considered for employment.
If you require accommodation due to a disability during the application process, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the legal poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes the protection against discrimination according to federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 job categories – United States of America), MRKTNG202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO job group), SWP priority – Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 258521
Published on: 2021-01-10
Place: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States