|Compensation:||negotiable cost to the company|
|Services:||As part of the cost-to-company package|
|Professional level:||Mid / senior|
We have a significant job posting for a middle-aged digital content marketer at an iconic Johannesburg-based nonprofit that focuses on the wellbeing of children. The organization is looking for a strong and dynamic digital content marketing officer with experience developing and running marketing campaigns to support the communications and marketing department. The ideal candidate must be familiar with day-to-day digital marketing activities as well as long-term strategy, and be successful with tight deadlines and changing requirements. You should be able to work within a team as well as independently to complete projects. For this role, you must have some design capabilities for Canva or Adobe Suite. You must also be able to work on WordPress, run social media platforms, and have experience with Google AdWords. We’re looking for a really data-driven person who is comfortable with reporting and who knows about Google Analytics. The ability to tell a story and move the process forward on digital is an important requirement. If you are an innovative, solution-oriented, self-starter with a “skill” attitude who is able to work without structure, we’d love to chat.
Please note: this is a remote location so you must be comfortable and able to work remotely, but from Johannesburg.
- Working with the program teams, develop creative briefs and lead creative alignment to achieve goals for all promotional and publicly available communications, including print, digital and video assets
- Conception and implementation of multi-channel campaigns across the entire potential customer and donor lifecycle to ensure that communication and messaging are coordinated across all channels
- Manage content and updates for donors and internal touchpoints, set budget guidelines, attend events, document business processes and provide additional support with fundraising
- Gather donor and market insights to inform outreach strategies, increase donor conversions, and generate more qualified donor leads
- Use tracking and analysis to identify the effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives and optimize them accordingly
- Present ideas and final results to internal and external teams and communicate with executives about marketing programs, strategies and budgets
- Coordinate meetings with different stakeholders and attend these meetings upon request
- Support the communications and marketing director
- Build brand awareness and positioning
- Establish positioning, identify target groups and develop marketing plans with specific goals across different channels and segments
- Run marketing programs and campaigns from start to finish, use internal support and encourage collaboration
- Write and copy digital content such as web and social media content.
- Create emotionally motivated, audience-focused stories based on industry trends
- Spearhead email and direct mail campaigns
- Maintain the quarterly content calendar and work with the social media team to activate it
- Conduct content brainstorming and idea generation sessions
- Dealing with social media, PR support and content marketing
- Evaluate competitors
- Analyze donor insights, stakeholder trends, market research, and marketing best practices to develop successful strategies
- Create, maintain, and run analytical reports across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, including formal suggestions and tactics recommendations
- Collaborate with email, performance marketing, and web teams to design and develop lead nurturing tactics.
The successful candidate must have / be:
- Bachelor or master degree in marketing, communication or business administration
- At least 5 years of experience in development – advantageous
- Experience with digital and content marketing
- Demonstrate experience creating marketing campaigns, marketing strategies, and marketing plans
- Understanding of public relations
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Experience developing and running marketing campaigns while managing and inspiring
- Be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible and able to handle multiple and varied responsibilities efficiently and simultaneously
- Confident, reliable and enjoy working in a fast paced environment where every day can bring new priorities and demands
- Be professional, use initiative and good judgment
- Be able to work both independently and as part of the team
- The ability to adapt to different and changing priorities, environments and personalities is critical to success in this position
- Design functions (Canva or Adobe Suite)
- WordPress experience
- Knowledge of Google AdWords
- Data driven.
If you do not receive an answer within a week, your application will be deemed unsuccessful.
VGP Recruitment is a specialized recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR / communication and publishing industries.
Posted on the 26 Mar 5:26 AM