Are you looking for innovative email marketing ideas for your B2B business? Word of mouth can serve as a lucrative marketing strategy for a small business. However, when it comes to a comprehensive marketing strategy, you need to reach an audience who may not even be aware that you are in the market. For this reason, email is proving to be the fastest and most effective form of communication in the B2B business scenario.
With more than 3.7 billion email users worldwide, the email domain is booming. To get into the prospect’s inbox, the first step in the indicated direction is to build a trusted relationship with the audience. This will help your business email stand out from the competition.
Starting with a reliable B2B email marketing strategy, email is the cornerstone. Email marketing gives you the opportunity to convert the potential audience using targeted and personalized content. According to a recent report, it was found that around 91 percent of B2B marketers use email as their leading marketing funnel. In this post, we want to help you understand the importance of email marketing to your B2B business and how to master it.
Top Email Marketing Tips for B2B Companies
A recent report found that around 72 percent of B2B shoppers are willing to use email to ensure that useful content is shared. If your target audience receives relevant email from your B2B company, chances are they could use email to share relevant brand content with other people who fall into the “social cluster”.
If you want your B2B brand’s email to stand out in the otherwise crowded inbox of end users, here are some tips from the experts:
- Use video in email: By 2021, a majority of online users will have become accustomed to high-end video-based technologies such as virtual meetings and zoom. If you have a tendency to include video in the emails it can help improve the email marketing game a lot.
With high-end video editing software like Clipchamp, you can easily create personalized videos for email that contain specifications as per the needs of the target audience. Clipchamp is a well-known video editor that allows you to create and edit custom videos to suit the specific needs of email recipients. Having proper video at the end of your email can help your brand get the message out effectively without users sending the email to the “trash can”. Also, because video-based emails are addressed directly to relevant contacts, it is quite easy to reply to. This gives you an insight into the cold email scenario.
Video email marketing is set to expand rapidly in 2021. According to one report, it was found that emails can increase open rates by up to 19 percent, click rates by around 65 percent, and unsubscribe rates by around 19 percent – 26 percent.
- Automation and Drip Email Campaigns: Automation is an integral email marketing tool in 2021. According to a study report, around 17.8 percent of automated emails transferred are B2B campaigns. Automating email campaigns can be of great benefit in building product-specific businesses. It also helps to save time and money while allowing good organization.
A B2B organization is known to benefit from a lucrative email marketing strategy of around 1 to 5 emails per month. In the given scenario, automation can help you achieve the goal while maintaining the overall conversation with the relevant contacts. The given strategy can also be turned into a full drip email marketing campaign. Here, the automation process gradually “drips” updates and information over time, which are accelerated by certain behaviors or actions of the contacts.
- Information-based emails: One of the most important ways to increase the overall performance of B2B email is to stop sending sales emails and send more informative, helpful, and educational content. This means that you should be able to answer the audience’s questions by offering them what they are looking for, rather than conveying less about yourself or your brand.
By moving the email content in the specified way, you can increase both the open and click-through rates while increasing the overall chances of improved conversions.
- Personalized emails: In 2021 we will see the trend towards more personalized emails in all industries. It is estimated that around 89 percent of B2B email marketing campaigns to date have been sent from the company’s email address. Since you would make your business email more personal, aim to send email from a personal account rather than that of the branded email. This helps create a sense of more trust and credibility with your target audience.
More importantly, you should be able to write the emails in a personalized tone to improve their overall performance. At the same time, including the recipient’s name in the subject line of the e-mail helps ensure that your e-mail is 26 percent more likely to be opened.
- Simple, text-based emails: With multiple e-mail providers carrying HTML-heavy messages in offers, promotions, or other inboxes, try to reduce the general noise in your e-mail. Composing the emails in plain text format is a better way for the message to land in the main entrance of the recipients. Simple text-based messages also prevent you from worrying about emails not automatically popping up and potentially downloading viruses once opened.
When it comes to B2B marketing, email is one of the most effective marketing tools out there. For greater B2B performance, create highly personalized, feature-rich emails to strengthen the customer relationship.