There are several factors that secure qualified leads for B2B companies. Explicit factors like the name of the company and the problem it promises to solve are of course extremely important. However, there are also some implicit factors that often “urge” interested buyers to make purchasing decisions. The frequency with which the buyer visits your website, the replies to marketing emails, the types of blogs and downloadable content on your website – all of these are implicit marketing strategies that often help B2B businesses secure leads.
Sending leads with valuable content that really helps them find solutions to specific problems is a highly effective advertising tactic that many B2B marketers use to secure leads. Be it an eBook, blog post, or any other type of content – the goal is not to sell them anything, but to provide helpful content that will make your brand seem like a legitimate source of information.
In a recent survey of B2B marketers, such content marketing strategies were rated as extremely effective by 51% of those surveyed. However, creating relevant educational content is also a major challenge for many marketers. Some challenges companies face in trying to create and share relevant educational content include:
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Change in business priorities and fuzzy organizational goals.
- Stakeholder intervention in deciding what “good content” means for the company.
- Lack of budget, resources and time.
- The lack of collaboration between other business departments prevents content creators from sharing detailed insights that their client colleagues face. The exchange of detailed product information becomes a challenge even when there is no internal collaboration in a company.
- Inadequate access to customers prevents B2B marketers from understanding what type of content their target audiences need or what knowledge they already have.
It is clear that many B2B companies and marketers are changing their mindsets, workloads, and spending more time creating educational content. Education-oriented B2B marketing strategies can help these companies build trust with existing and potential customers and promote the products or services they offer.
Here’s how the best B2B internet marketing agency can help B2B companies implement marketing strategies for educational content:
Depending on metrics
Define “good content” based on the results they generate. Create, distribute, and promote educational content that has worked in the past for your or other business. Eliminate the qualitative factor in defining “good content”. Focus on the number of clicks each blog post, video, or other form of content gets to create metric-driven content creation strategies.
Test before creation
Run A / B tests, work with focus groups, conduct market surveys and research to get the data needed to define your content creation strategy. This pre-launch data-driven work will help the company create better budgets, address cross-departmental collaboration issues, and prevent people from sharing ideas that research says won’t work.
Establish clear quality standards
Use readability algorithms like grammar to clearly define what good content means from the start of any B2B marketing campaign. Strike a balance between non-experimental content (who have worked with audiences in the past) and experimental content to ensure your team’s creativity in creating content is not compromised by pre-set quality standards.
As soon as B2B companies create content that informs their target audiences, their credibility in the market increases. Some other advantages are –
- By evaluating their buyer journeys, B2B marketers get clear insights into how the leads made their buying decisions. Future lead acquisition processes can be optimized using this data.
- In the long term, these strategies help create a constant flow of leads to company websites.
- Sharing vital information fosters closer brand relationships between companies.
Creating an Educational Content Marketing Strategy – What Tools Do You Need?
The current unusual environment sparked by the COVID19 pandemic has increased the importance of educational content. Consumers of all kinds are actively looking for helpful content on the Internet. Top B2B Marketing Firms Use These Education-Driven Content Marketing Tools To Help Their Businesses –
- Instructional videos. According to a HubSpot survey of marketers, 97% of respondents said that video content makes it easier for their target customers to understand their products and services. Educational videos that address customer needs provide more value than the average branded promotional video content.
- Publish industry reports, corporate documents, and white papers to gather critical data from high quality leads. Companies willing to read these types of documents from other companies are more likely to share their own data and develop collaborative relationships.
- Regularly publish engaging written content (articles and blogs). Written content is easier to update and can also be integrated with other company websites to increase traffic to or from their websites.
- Hosting webinars or video sessions consisting of a series of presentations on specific topics. Launching a product or service using webinars instead of traditional PR announcements is a much more effective strategy.
Instead of waiting for the customer base to grow organically, B2B companies need to take control of their fate and inform potential buyers of new product / service categories. The best B2B marketing agencies can help you achieve these goals.
To add to this article or start a conversation, join our forum to share your thoughts with other readers. For stories of this kind and more, please register at www.jbklutse.com or visit us on Facebook.