At a time when the Internet is the main source of information for practically everything, marketing strategies have changed beyond belief. Cold calls and street banners are quickly being replaced by website banners and Facebook posts. You depend more on the decisions of your favorite social influencer than on TV advertisements.
Digital marketing has become more than a catchphrase these days. Often times, it’s the lifeline of marketing teams and agencies that helps them reach a larger audience.
Given the growing influence of digital marketing, how worthwhile would it be to explore a career in this field? Would a B.Sc. Digital Marketing and Social Media Course pay off in a few years? Read on for all of the answers below.
What is digital marketing?
Unlike traditional marketing that targets a wide variety of media, digital marketing remains with online media channels on the internet. Digital marketing aims to interact with potential or existing customers on the Internet in order to inform them and to win them over to a company’s products or services.
Digital marketing has since grown into a huge industry with multiple subdomains such as social media marketing, email marketing, and paid social marketing. The complexity of the roles in these areas has also increased significantly.
Unlike traditional marketing that targets a wide variety of media, digital marketing remains with online media channels on the internet.
What is the scope of career growth in digital marketing?
With the way the world relies on technology, it is only to be expected that the global digital marketing industry will continue to grow. In fact, a Statista survey forecast that digital marketing sales in Germany will exceed $ 5,694 million by 2021.
The domain is so big and full of possibilities that there is something for everyone. Here are the key areas of digital marketing that you can make a career in.
- Search engine optimization: Companies are increasingly focusing on search engine optimization to get more traffic for their product pages and websites. SEO also includes various strategies to improve engagement rates.
- Social media marketing: Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter can be gold mines for modern digital marketers. They can use these platforms to interact directly with their leads and improve the conversation around their brands.
- Content Marketing: In content marketing, valuable written or video content is created to appeal to the audience.
What career opportunities can you find in digital marketing?
The global and German digital marketing scene offers numerous career opportunities. This field can be an extremely exciting career for creative people. A career in digital marketing can provide the right platform to showcase your critical thinking skills, your fluency in languages, and your innovative ideas.
Here are some interesting digital marketing positions that may fascinate you.
- SEM specialists
- Content Marketing Manager
- Social Media Marketing Consultant
- CRO experts
- Content specialists
- PPC manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Social Marketing Specialists
A bachelor’s degree in digital marketing can provide you with the relevant knowledge and skills to begin a career in this field. In addition, you will become part of an extremely dynamic industry. Enroll in a suitable undergraduate digital marketing program today to embark on a successful career in this field.