Setting up a local search engine optimization for your law firm is a great marketing strategy as most people tend to do a Google search when looking for a law firm in their area for advice or representation.
Why you need local SEO for your law firm
We live in a time when everything runs in a digital space. Your prospective clients are most likely doing an online search of a local law firm in their area. For this reason, local search engine optimization is mandatory for your law firm for the following reasons:
- Your company’s website is more likely to show up in search engine results.
- Research confirms that a good percentage of most Google searches are local.
- The search engine displays a map for the business near the users’ location
Importance of Local Search Engine Optimization to Your Law Firm
Well-curated and local search engine optimization is helpful for both a law firm’s local ranking and for the following reasons
- Local Search Engine Optimization will increase your law firm’s website ranking on the search engine, bringing more traffic to your website.
- Your law firm needs a local ranking as most people look for a law firm in their area.
- The traffic to your law firm’s website, as well as positive reviews, make the website more noticeable and therefore attract more businesses.
- A properly curated local SEO campaign will create a buzz to get your business ahead of other companies in your area.
- If a potential customer initiates contact based based on the search engine results, it is very likely that they are already interested in your service.
Optimizing your law firm’s local search engine optimization
Just setting up local search engine optimization for your legal services is not enough to give you the traction you need. Here are some tips on how to improve your chances of getting a higher rank:
- Make sure your page is properly listed in the appropriate category.
- Having a physical location increases your chances of appearing at the top of the suggested pages.
- Make sure you provide the correct name, address, and phone number for your law firm. This makes it easier for customers to contact or find your office.
- Add inbound links to your website and internal links that direct the user to another page on your company’s website.
- Add pictures of your office and team for better engagement. Customers are more likely to work with you if they can put a face to the name.
Cost of setting up local search engine optimization
Setting up an effective local search engine optimization can be a stressful process. The cost is determined by a number of key questions that you should consider in advance:
- How is the market competition?
- What are your target cases?
- How aggressive are you?
- Is Your Current Local SEO Effective?
- Have you ever been fined by Google?
By answering the questions above, you can figure out the cost of setting up local SEO for your law firm’s website
Implement local SEO
Law firms tend to assume that they can attract a wider market by targeting different geographic areas rather than just focusing on their location. This is not the case as a law firm that does not consider potential clients in its neighborhood is likely to fail.
The company is ignored by the locals as they do not feel the company has initiative to offer their services to them, which makes it even more impossible for the company to attract customers from other sectors. It is therefore advisable to start from home first.