Director, Marketing and Communication; National Trust of Australia (NSW)
- Place:Sydney, NSW
- Order type: Full time
- Sectors: Art, culture, heritage
- Reports to: chief Executive Officer
- Salary package: $ 127.4,000 plus on-site parking in Sydney CBD
The National Trust (NSW) is the largest nonprofit conservation organization in Australia, having operated for more than 75 years. Our vision is to bring the New South Wales heritage to life for future generations. We do this by working to protect, preserve and celebrate our built, cultural and natural heritage. We provide community education, engagement and heritage appreciation opportunities by interpreting all stories about Australian heritage in a way that creates a sense of place and belonging.
The National Trust is seeking an experienced Marketing and Communications Director to be responsible for developing and executing a results-oriented marketing and communications strategy in line with the organization’s strategic plan (2020-2024). The Director will play a key role in promoting the company’s audience engagement, branding and public affairs strategy to increase awareness, awareness and revenue generation for the National Trust.
This is a convenient, end-to-end marketing communications role that spans four main areas:
- Brand – print, digital and on site.
- Marketing – Real estate brand positioning, visits, events, membership and fundraising, and other commercial opportunities (where relevant).
- Communication – print, online, publications and public relations. This role is the primary media connection for the organization.
- Hosted major events including the Australian Heritage Festival and National Trust Heritage Awards in NSW.
The right candidate for this role will have excellent staff skills and a proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders, including volunteers. You need to be invested in the National Trust’s vision, be able to combine your marketing expertise with great communication skills, and get results with a strong, people-centered ethos. High level work experience is a must, preferably in the tourism, cultural or non-profit sector.
Fromout of role
When reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate on marketing and communications initiatives across National Trust (NSW) departments, volunteer committees, and real estate in line with locally managed budgets and goals that increase the diversity and reach of visitor audiences across tourism and event channels, as well as the potential for revenue generation in general.
- Proactively work with staff and volunteer organizers to develop and deploy a nationwide calendar of events and storytelling opportunities.
- Managed the running of the Australian Heritage Festival, National Trust Heritage Awards and the Trust Talks podcast series.
- Leading the National Trust’s (NSW) proactive and reactive strategy for public relations and public relations with the Chief Executive Officer and Director, Conservation.
- Directed the editorial, creative, print production and distribution of the quarterly NSW National Trust Magazine, annual report and corporate communications.
- Led and led a team to deliver a monthly digital content marketing and communication program that serves the National Trust’s (NSW) brand, properties, volunteer committees, and advocacy goals.
- Commitment to promoting the National Trust’s endeavors in a way that is relevant to the wider community and ensuring the brand is recognized, respected and accepted by all cultures
You are a highly organized communicator with a proven track record in significantly improving a company’s marketing and communications, resulting in increased revenue streams. You need to be able to turn strategic plans from ideas into reality and turn knowledge into action.
You also have:
- High level of personal enthusiasm, commitment to, and involvement in the work of the National Trust (NSW), including engaging in weekend and evening activities if required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and engage with all levels of the organization, especially with volunteers.
- A mix of clarity in planning, collaborative and inspiring team leadership with the ability to provide constructive and immediate feedback in a busy environment.
- Strong adaptation and problem-solving skills with an impeccable level of attention to detail and the ability to respond to the needs of the company, its leadership and the media and act as spokespersons when necessary.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- The ability to be professional and stay calm under pressure.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in marketing, communication, PR or related fields.
- Professional experience at senior level (at least 5 years) in marketing and communication, preferably in the tourism, cultural or non-profit sector.
- Class C driving license and willingness to travel to the various regional objects
If this sounds like a challenge to explore, please contact HR or 02 9258 0159 or email HR@nationaltrust.com.au for a full job description.
All applications should include a resume and cover letter detailing key responsibilities in the job description. The application deadline is COB Friday, April 16, 2021
You must have it Right to live and work at this point to apply for this job.
For a full position description or inquiries, call: 02 9258 0159 or send an email to email@example.com. To apply, send your résumé, along with a cover letter detailing key responsibilities, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline: April 16, 2021