“B2B marketers are always curious to see how they stack up against their peers and how they can improve in terms of campaign performance,” said Jason Widup, vice president of marketing at Metadata. “We want to be a resource for B2B marketers, helping them navigate what works and what doesn’t.”
SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB)
March 04, 2021
Metadata.io, the autonomous demand generation platform, revealed a comprehensive analysis of all paid social campaigns its customers ran through the platform in 2020. The “What We Learned From $ 15M Spending on Facebook and LinkedIn” report identifies key trends that have shaped the company’s most successful B2B marketing programs over the past year. The analysis and raw data are now available for B2B marketers to download and analyze.
The report is based on an anonymous analysis of B2B paid social campaigns from Metadata’s customer base, ad spend of more than $ 15 million, 30,000 campaign experiments launched, 1.9 million clicks, 102,000 leads created, and a qualified pipeline of over 66 Million dollars.
The analysis reveals common challenges, best practices, tips, and opportunities for B2B marketers looking to maximize the effectiveness of their Facebook and LinkedIn campaigns, including:
- Marketers who experiment more will benefit. Of the metadata customers, those who had a higher number of experiments regardless of their spending ultimately had better campaign performance than those who did not experiment as much.
- Popular calls to action can be expensive on LinkedIn. The CTA “Learn More” has the highest click rate on LinkedIn, but also the highest CPL. If a campaign goal is lead generation but the marketer is only optimizing for engagement, the price will be higher. On the other hand, “Register” is one of the least used CTAs on LinkedIn and has the lower CPL.
- Cost-Per-Leads (CPLs) are generally 10-50% lower on Facebook, but higher quality benefits on LinkedIn. Some marketers actually get lower CPLs on LinkedIn. For example, Facebook is used for certain people and much less in some countries, which means that there is a larger audience on LinkedIn. More inventory means lower price. However, from the right perspective, LinkedIn tends to generate more qualified leads based on conversion into opportunities and deals won.
- Facebook is very effective for top-of-funnel campaigns. On Facebook, the most popular CTAs also have the lowest price. And “Learn More” is the most efficient, with the highest click-through rate and a CPL comparable to other CTAs.
- Less is more on LinkedIn and more is more on Facebook. For both brand awareness and lead gen campaigns on LinkedIn, the most common text length is more than 100 characters. On Facebook, longer ads with some of the lowest CPLs got more clicks, but the vast majority of brands are still using fewer than 100 characters.
“B2B marketers are always curious to see how they stack up against their peers and how they can improve in terms of campaign performance,” said Jason Widup, vice president of marketing at Metadata. “We want to be a resource for B2B marketers and help them manage what works and what doesn’t. Both Facebook and LinkedIn play important roles in campaigning, generating leads, and growing the business. Our analytics and anonymized platform data help B2B marketers run smarter and better campaigns. “
To build what we’ve learned from spending $ 15 million on Facebook and LinkedIn, Metadata.io analyzed anonymized campaigns from its entire customer base from January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. The benchmarks and insights in the report are based on averages from these campaigns. Metadata shares their raw data from real customers so marketers can see what’s working and compare their own campaigns.
For information on Metadata.io or to download the full report, please visit https://metadata.io/b2b-paid-social-benchmark-data/.
Metadata is an autonomous demand-generation platform that automates the most critical, but often tedious, tasks in marketing to help companies efficiently scale their demand-generation efforts. Using machine learning, a proprietary corporate-to-personal identity diagram and automatic optimization of sales KPIs, the Metadata platform generates demand from target accounts and converts them into customers much faster than traditional methods. Innovative B2B marketers at Zoom, G2, Okta, ThoughtSpot and Workato rely on metadata to create harmony between marketing and sales, reduce costs, save time and ensure marketing drives sales. Boost the results today at https://metadata.io/.
Share articles on social media or via email: