Billions of people rely on Google every day, and many consumers use online searches. This app and the other leading search engines have successfully done the job of displaying business information through Google Map applications.
Google is undoubtedly impressive in creating a mapping application that is already leading other mapping applications in terms of the number of searches performed. It has even gone so far as to provide map results when people search online.
Benefits like these make Maps a great option for companies looking to increase their exposure to the marketplace. That is why Kotton Grammer, owner of Miami SEO Agency, created this article.
Related: How Small Businesses Can Promote SEO For Voice Searches
- 1 Defining Google Maps Marketing
- 2 meaning
- 3 Introduction to Google My Business
- 4 strategies
Define Google Maps Marketing
The functions of Good Maps are used here to make your company easier to find. Using Google Maps can be very useful for large companies. However, this is even more important for smaller businesses.
Additionally, as a marketer, you can list your information about your company’s location. After you have listed your company in the app, it can be searched and viewed on Google. More avid customers can easily find your business using the app if you have good SEO strategies in place. For example, if you own a digital marketing agency in Miami, you can run your business as a Miami SEO Agency.
When used strategically, it can play an important role in your digital marketing strategy. When local consumers are looking for a place to shop or someone who can provide certain services, they most likely choose the place with map lists.
Find: 5 Smart Copywriting Tactics To Boost Your Conversion Rates
Whenever an ideal customer is looking for a service or product, this search engine is the first option that most of them use. If they discover your company first, the chances of them reaching you increase significantly.
Most business owners are now investing heavily in local SEO to get better card holdings. Here are some reasons to implement card marketing for your business.
- You have the opportunity to draw local people. Most people are already using their cell phones to research and learn about a product, compare prices, and even find a store. With the increase in the number of people using cell phones to find local businesses, it is important to have your business listed so customers can find you. If you want to increase your conversion rate, marketing with this app is an excellent option.
- You can use it to advertise your company, especially to people who are looking for the services and products you offer via the location you offer. It can be a solid strategy when looking to grow your business.
- Implementing Google Maps Marketing increases the visibility of your brand. You can also add a logo of your brand that you use on your websites and social media pages to promote your business.
- When consumers search for a service or product, Google is the first place they go. When you register your business online, anyone can quickly access information about your price, contact details, and location. This will help build trust with your potential customers, especially if you are offering business services to the locals.
Introduction to Google My Business
Google My Business is formerly known as Google Places. It will be easier for you as the business owner to have a listing for your business that may appear in search results.
It shows your address, opening times and general customer ratings. If you have an entry in this app, you will get a location in Maps.
Additionally, potential customers can check your ratings and reviews before they go to your store. Because of this, it is imperative to ensure that your Google My Business listing is declared and verified as it will make it easier to respond to positive and negative reviews of your business.
Search: 8 Ways to Get Unique Content for Your Blog
While the website still allows you to see more listings by clicking more locations, being visible among the top three most common searches gives you an edge and an edge over your other business competitors.
If your business isn’t in the top three most searched for, here are five simple strategies you can implement to increase your visibility and ranking.
1) Exact citation
Google scans the Internet on all websites for correct information that includes your company name, address, and company phone number. This ensures that the information is correct. If the citation dates are incorrect, it will be difficult for the website to verify your business information.
When searching websites that advertise your brand name, type your brand name in the search engine’s search bar and look for the quotes that mention your brand name. If any information is inaccurate, you can log in and correct it. You can also reach out to the website administrator and ask them to edit the data to match the information in your My Business profile.
Once your business information is verified, you can stand out from the crowd. However, be aware of certain information such as:
- Use the Google display of the opening times in the search results.
- Your business introduction in your account is a summary of your business, the products and services you offer, and how you differ from your competitors. Many ignore the value of this description and miss more pointers from organic search results.
- Remember, this is a visual program. High resolution images can certainly make your listing stand out. Companies with Google listings that contain images are more appealing than companies without them. Refine and improve it further by adding applicable metadata like keywords and location.
- Make sure you check everything. There should be no duplicate listings for your business as Google discourages duplicate listings. Deal with it as soon as possible to avoid penalties.
You can also check for additional inaccurate citations by searching Google to see if you had an old listing about your previous company name, address, or phone number.
2) Construct more quotations
Now, if your quotes are all correct, look for quotes that your competitor has and that you don’t.
Using the steps above, put your competitor’s brand name, address, or phone number into Google search and spot and create directories where your competitors are and you are not.
3) Create local landing pages
Google rates different websites based on the data they have listed for them. If a website contains a lot of local information, Google can recognize it and make it available to a local audience.
Most importantly, Google doesn’t want duplicate content. This is why you need to make sure that you are writing original, unique content.
Google uses your website presence to provide you with a ranking on maps. A weak website presence leads to a lower ranking. To improve your web presence, focus on creating unique quality content, connecting with your customers, and making a list on various local websites and directories.
4) Create quality links
After you have corrected your business data in online directories, created original content and created more quotes, you can already get into the first three ranks of the app. You don’t just get there and rest, however. You should still have to work harder to stay on top.
Learn: How to Steal SEO Moves from Your Competitors
Creating links is one of the best ways to keep track of local search results. The website uses backlinks to confirm its credibility.
Retrieving high authority websites is a great way to keep track of local search results. Credible links can be a great addition to your local map marketing strategy.
5) Acquire reviews
Google uses reviews on the internet to determine a company’s reputation. It always ensures that users get the best possible results. When a company has great reviews, it means that they are providing good service and they are right to receive rewards.
However, when people make purchasing decisions, they mostly rely on material evidence. That is why it is necessary to receive positive reviews.
You need to know that you need at least five reviews next to your listing before Google will show your reviews. Here are some simple ways to encourage your consumers to leave reviews:
- Offer an incentive through discounts or even gifts
- Ask them about a successful product or service delivery
- Offer simple instructions and points to make it easier for them.
- Communicate with your customers and respond appropriately to each review.
- If you get a negative review, you need to investigate the situation and find a way to resolve it.
As with any other digital marketing strategy, Maps cannot grow your sales overnight. It will take some time before you can see a result. However, it is a tool that is worth it. And even more so, localization can be applied as such an excellent benefit.
About the author
Kotton Grammer is an internet entrepreneur best known for founding Kotton Grammer Media in 2013, a multi-million dollar internet advertising and media company specializing in search engine optimization (SEO). He has also been featured or cited in numerous publications including Inc.com, Huffingtonpost.com & Forbes.com
The target groups have the opportunity to win prizes and receive discounts on the products. On the other hand, the market will boom and sales will increase. If the competition piques the public’s interest, it will be the ones promoting the product for you.