Local Search Engine Optimization is potentially becoming the most reliable, effective, and sustainable way for financial advisors to build brand awareness right now. Ranking on the first page of Google searches for financial advisors in a particular city or region can improve website traffic, overall brand visibility, and credibility. Combined with strong website content and strategic integrated marketing strategies, it can increase consultation requests, newsletter registrations, attendance at events and phone calls.
With that said, many Financial advisor are late adopters when it comes to online branding and digital marketing. This is partly due to regulatory restrictions, budget constraints, or a lack of awareness and information. While many professions like law and real estate became aware of SEO years ago, many financial advisors are only just beginning to see this as an opportunity to establish brand awareness. How from 2020, 93% of the online experience Start with a search engine. With a relatively small number of consultants having prioritized local search engine optimization, businesses of all sizes have the opportunity to get first page rankings in even some of the most competitive cities.
However, this window of opportunity is tightening as competing companies invest more time and resources in SEO initiatives. Consultants should take action now because protecting a first page ranking when it’s already set up is much easier and cheaper than postponing it and trying to catch up.
Why Local SEO?
Financial advisors want to see measurable results from the marketing dollars they spend, and local SEO is completely measurable. With analytics platforms like Moz, Yoast, and Google Search Console, consultants can easily search their rankings based on targeted search terms, visibility in Google Maps, domain eligibility, organic search traffic, and other key SEO metrics, and how they compare to these competitors. With the right customer relationship management system, they can even keep track of exactly which online leads are coming from Google and other search engines.
Direct response marketing via Facebook advertising is enjoying increasing popularity with consultants, arguably faster than SEO and other advertising strategies. While this approach can potentially lead to inquiries, those inquiries stop the moment the advisor stops spending on advertising. SEO, on the other hand, can create a viewer pipeline that will last long after the initial investment.
Definition Backlinks On high level news sites, consultants can benefit from the PR value of these internships. These inbound links form a bridge that connects your site from another. This way, search engines can use backlinks to see your website as working, which indicates authority and usually ranks your website higher. At the same time, optimizing a website for mobile and speed greatly improves the user experience, thereby improving the average session time and the likelihood of them returning to the website.
A local SEO strategy can include getting your business on Google 46% of all Google searches looking for local information. But only 56% of local businesses claim their company, which means the other 44% less exposed to Google users. Tools like Google My Business Its popularity has increased as consultants can see month by month how many people have accessed their website through their Google My Business page.
How do i start?
First, understand that Google is in the business of relevanceand websites lose relevance over time. When a user enters a search term, they expect the most relevant results to come up first. The search algorithm was developed by Google for this purpose. Over the past several years, savvy consultants have been able to trick Google into considering their websites relevant, but this is no longer the case, and these outdated and deceptive tactics can lead to a consultant’s website being penalized or even de-indexed in extreme cases.
In order for consultants to rank on Google today, they must actually be relevant. This often requires an integrated approach to public relations and content marketing that incorporates Google’s SEO best practices. With a well-built website, page optimization based on keyword research, and the consistent securing of high-authority backlinks from credible news sites, consultants can systematically climb the Google ladder to the first page to find multiple local search terms and phrases for consultants receive. First, do the following:
- Set up an active Google My Business listing for your practice. Enter Google My Business is often required to appear in the Google Local Pack, Local Finder, Google Maps, and local rankings in general. Keep your listing active by regularly updating it with photos, events, and announcements.
- Test the speed and performance of your website. A slow website can ruin a visitor’s experience. For this reason, Google considers website speed to be an important ranking factor. Fortunately, Google offers a free tool called PageSpeed Insights This is a quick way to measure your website’s performance, including recommendations for improvement.
- Scan your website for crawl errors. Google’s search console can Identify crawling errorsB. 404 Page Not Found errors that can disrupt a visitor’s experience and affect your search rankings.
- Add local keywords to your homepage and subpages. Examine your page titles, website copies, and metadata to make sure local keywords like your city and state are included on your website.
- Measure your domain eligibility and backlinks. Your domain eligibility, backed by backlinks to your website, indicates how likely your website is to outperform similar websites. Ahrefs offers one free tool This is a great way to check the authority of your domain and the number of backlinks to your site. You can also run scans of your competitors to see how they stack up.
Now is the ideal time to start a local SEO initiative. Tech-savvy consultants should consider following the steps above, solving the problems they can solve, and consulting experts on those who cannot solve them on their own. Google will continue to change the way prospects find, compare, and rate local financial advisors. Inaction could leave you invisible to a new generation of prospects, while establishing high local search rankings and visibility could open a powerful new pipeline for growth.
Maggie Hudspeth is the director of marketing services at TruClarity Management Solutions. Learn more at MyTruClarity.com.