Social media content specialist About us:
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management company. We manage investments and develop solutions for the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, stocks, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $ 1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO employs over 2,800 people in 17 offices worldwide. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our customers.
PIMCO is one of the world’s leading fixed income investment managers, with thousands of professionals around the world banded together for one purpose: to create opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971 we have been bringing innovation and know-how to our partnership with institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We strive to nurture performance and leadership by empowering our people, thinking diverse, and advocating an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO is looking for a seasoned social media content specialist to create compelling copy and multimedia content that will drive engagement and develop our brand voice across PIMCO’s social channels. As part of PIMCO’s content marketing team, you would use strong marketing writing, multimedia skills, and fluent social media to create branded social posts that go beyond the usual text and imagery. You will work closely with marketing managers, digital teams, designers and key stakeholders in our global organization and always demonstrate our core values of cooperation, openness, responsibility and excellence. This position is based in our Austin, TX office.
- Write and edit compelling content that drives engagement on our social media platforms
- Create video scripts and related content to adapt and improve on our social media campaigns
- Conduct A / B testing to learn best practices and consult analytics partners to examine and understand performance data
- Collaborate effectively with marketing colleagues and key business partners
- Stick to established style guides and brand standards
- Coordinate and prioritize projects to ensure everyone is satisfied within a reasonable time frame
- Get involved in paid social efforts
- Support known ways to improve global content distribution; Identify new opportunities and make recommendations
- At least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in communication, marketing, PR, journalism or a related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in creating social media content for B2B and B2C; Experience in the financial services industry is desirable
- A consistent record of content production that increases engagement and drives leads
- Strong understanding of branding strategy and tactics on leading social platforms (Twitter, LI, Instagram, etc.)
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics (SEO, email marketing, social media, personalization, etc.)
- See the video and multimedia resources you want evolve
- The ability to balance multiple tasks, meet tight deadlines, and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- An affinity and appreciation for the potential power – and the pitfalls – of social media marketing
- Proven ability to stretch a branded tone across myriad channels and topics.
- A solid basis for common office applications: MS Office, Slack, Box
PIMCO strives to offer a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to promote the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location, but can include:
- Medical, dental and visual coverage
- Life insurance and travel insurance
- 401 (k) (defined contribution) retirement plan, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of work
- Work-life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance program, commuter benefits, discounts for health clubs, and reimbursement programs for education / CFA certifications
- Opportunities for community participation with the PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office