Search Engine Optimization, or popularly known as SEO, is a crucial component of your outbound sales strategy so that new customers can find you. Creating and maintaining a website is not enough to survive in the world of growing digital marketing. The aim here is to achieve an even flow. To do this, you need to maximize the return on investment (ROI) of your SEO. This allows you to invest more while generating more income as your business grows.
If you succeed in getting more ROI, you can also cover the cost of hiring engineering and design professionals. Getting a decent ROI and getting organic traffic will definitely take a lot of effort, time, and hard work.
What is SEO ROI?
The simplest way of doing this is to measure the return on investment (ROI) of search engine optimization (SEO). You can calculate the ROI of SEO by checking organic website traffic, target achievement, and search engine rankings. The formula is:
SEO ROI = (profit from investment – investment costs) / investment costs.
You can measure SEO ROI monthly, quarterly, and yearly as it is a long term strategy. However, don’t always expect a good SEO ROI. It depends entirely on your company. Hence, we offer you some of the best tactics to get a visible return on investment from your search engine optimization.
6 Best Techniques for Achieving a Sustainable SEO ROI.
Below are some of the best methods you can use to turn your Search Engine Optimization on for return on investment. In short, attract traffic and generate income.
1. Write detailed content: Useful and valuable content is an essential element of search engine optimization as well as your website. Good content created for your target audience will help attract more visitors and rank higher on SERPs. Therefore, you should be careful when writing extensive content. Your content should give your readers a long and detailed answer to any questions they may have been looking for.
Research has also shown that content with a word count of more than 2000 words is likely to generate more organic traffic than the blog with a smaller word count. Ultimately, you can get your readers involved through long, detailed, research-based content or blog posts. The search engines also advocate high quality, valuable content. The more organic traffic you get, the more ROI you will get.
2. Add internal links: A powerful way to improve search engine optimization (SEO) is to add internal links to your quality content. It’s also researched that adding internal links can improve organic traffic by 40%. This method helps to increase the link flow on your website. The overall user experience will also improve through the linking of relatable content. For example, guest posting services can help link similar pages related to attractions.
According to the search engine, the number of internal links pointing to a page is a signal to search engines about the relative importance of that page. As you can see, Google also rates pages based on internal links. How to improve your website’s search visibility and attract traffic to increase your website’s sales.
3. Optimization of search intent: Search intent is the reason the user searches this online for laypeople. Because every online user has different intentions, either to learn or to find answers, or maybe to buy / sell something. In some cases, search engine rankings are required if users can search for a particular website. You just need to make sure that the keywords you want on the side match the user’s intent.
Google also improved its algorithm after users intended to identify high quality web pages. It is known that SEO is highly dependent on user intent. For example, a digital marketing agency should consider the search intent of international and national users.
4. Mobile optimization: In the age of cell phones and digital media, around 60% of searches come from cell phones. In such a case, a mobile-optimized website is likely to load faster and display higher on SERPs. So you should design your website so that it is optimized for mobile phones and PC / laptop at the same time. This design is known as responsive design so that your website is responsive in any mode.
However, users looking more over the phone shouldn’t be the only optimization. You should also optimize voice search. This is because both you and your users need more convenience in a short amount of time. This is a great way to make your website more responsive and improve the user experience.
5. Performance test: There are many complicated, never-ending steps to managing a website. You’re doing digital marketing, several tweaks, but still need to perform a performance test for other anomalies. In fact, testing isn’t just about your website’s internet loading speed. Google rates your website based on an excellent user experience from all users. You should continuously test the loading speed of your website on different devices such as mobile devices, tablets, desktops or PCs / laptops. You can also ask your developer to use automated load tests like BrowserStack.
6.User Generated Content (UGC): User-Generated Content (UGC) is the type of content that is produced and promoted by unpaid sponsors. Dedicated brand followers or loyal customers of a particular company create this user-generated content. They don’t promote their content along with the brand as customers don’t blindly trust any brand. The users themselves read them and bring them to a wider audience.
With user-generated content, you use your customers’ social media channels and expand your reach to a more potential audience. It is researched that 69% of people have social media accounts. The ratings or feedback that may come from your content give you different perspectives on your users. The knowledge you get will help you understand where and how to optimize your website. This will further improve SEO and ROI.